Usually, they ask us if it is possible to regrow receding gums. Gum recession is commonly referred to as withdrawal of the gums and refers to a progressive process that occurs gradually over the years. The gum is destroyed and removed, exposing the tooth. It is possible that the patient perceives this process as the changes occur very lightly day by day. Usually, the problem is usually detected from the age of 40, although there are cases in which gums recession during puberty is also noted. What is the common cause of receding gums and how to regrow receding gums naturally?
The most common cause of receding gums is periodontal diseases, caused by the accumulation of bacterial plaque. Therefore, behind the problem would always be poor oral hygiene. Brushing prevents plaque buildup. As we always say, it is advisable to brush three times a day after each meal and floss. It is also necessary to take into account that the brushing stimulates the blood flow in the gums:
- Massaging the gum contributes to maintaining its health.
- A gentle brushing, from the gum to the end of the tooth, and with a soft brush.
- It is also important to brush the gum line, to eliminate the food remains that can accumulate.
Can Receding Gums Grow Back?
There are surgical techniques to recover the gums. But it is always essential to perform a pre-treatment to stop the progression of gums recession. The most common cause is usually periodontitis, so in these cases, it would be necessary to perform a complete periodontal treatment consisting of a deep cleaning around the tooth and the tissues that support it to remove the accumulated plaque.
Also, it is also possible to perform a cosmetic surgery of the gums. It is a kind of gum transplant, carrying tissue from one area to another. What is done is to place healthy gums tissue in the areas where it has been lost. This strengthens the tooth and protects it from the disease. It can be done on one tooth or several. It is a complex procedure, not painful, although the patient may suffer discomfort in the 24-48 following the intervention, which is calmed with analgesics.
Most Effective Remedies To Regrow Receding Gums Naturally:
- Boil, for 5 minutes, 2 tablespoons of dried mallow in a cup of water. After that time, cover and let cool. Make rinses with this preparation, several times a day.
- Pour 1/2 cup of blackberries, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1 chopped banana and 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence into the blender and beat at high speed until desired consistency is achieved. Serving and drinking at the moment. Blackberries have inhibitory properties of the oral bacteria that cause gingivitis.
- Pour in a liter of water that is boiling a bunch of mango leaves. Cover and let cool. Make several gargles with this preparation throughout the day.
- Mix 2 ounces of clear honey with 7 drops of lemon juice and 7 drops of mint essential oil. Make daily rinses with this preparation.
- Mix 2 ounces of aloe Vera gel with 2 ounces of honey and 8 drops of hydrogen peroxide. Perform mouthwashes with this preparation 2 times a day.
- Prepare a rue infusion in 1 liter of water (just a handful of leaves) and do mouthwash 3 times a day morning, afternoon and evening and grow your gums back in natural way.